JABtalk is a FREE Android speech communication application designed to help non-verbal children and adults communicate. Speech therapists commonly refer to JABtalk as an easy and effective augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) solution. By combining personalized voice and images with an extremely simple user interface, JABtalk provides a speech solution that is both fun to use and easy to learn. Originally designed as a communication tool for children with special needs, JABtalk has evolved into a communication tool used by stroke patients, toddlers, speech-language pathologists, and others. JABtalk has over 90,000 users located in over 100 countries around the world. Available from Google Play, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.
- Intuitive one-click navigation
- Organize words into user-defined categories
- Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word for immediate physical feedback
- Ability to rearrange and resize pictures
- Download unlimited number of pictures from the Internet directly into JABtalk!
- Add pictures using your device's camera or import them from a memory card
- Add audio to your words and categories using your device's microphone or import them from a memory card.
- Supports text-to-speech
- Supports fullscreen mode to prevent kids from easily exiting app
- Ability to backup and restore your dataset on any Android device
- Sentence Building
- Available in English, French, German, and Dutch.